Wednesday 23 April 2014

Symptom Chasing

Well, we're well into the second week now; and so far, there have been no symptoms that can't be attributed to any of several external factors such as the flu-like bug that's currently rampaging through our full-time staff, hefting unwieldy 20k sacks of potatoes and moving delivery cages (the weight of which I will never admit to, anywhere A can find it) but who am I kidding? Anyone in the process of TTC can attest to how difficult it is not to attribute every twinge, craving and fluttering to the start of that miracle we've been hoping for - especially those of us who have time to kill and ready access to the internet. So here's another round of:

Google-that-symptom!


Kicking off with lower backache around day 22 (6 days post insem) This has been off and on since last week and is usually relived with a rolled up towel (in lieu of the support cushion that I keep meaning to order) or A's support wrap if I'm having an active day. It's possible that I've tugged on a cage/lifted something heavy with improper technique and pulled something; not sure if this ties in with how the ache comes and goes but I'm including it anyway.  According to the all-knowing internetz, it could be very early pms or implantation (and since I knew the possibility of these symptoms, I'm including psychosomatic reaction as well) 


Around this time also, I've noticed my stomach's a little more sensitive to bad odours.  If somebody forgets to open the plastic wrapping on the bananas for example, resulting in the unmistakeable smell of over-ripe, sweaty banana or if a hole has opened in the packaging of a particularly bloody chicken; smells that, whilst unpleasant, have never phased me before, are suddenly leaving me dry retching and moving away from the source as fast as my little legs will carry me.  Remembering that this could easily be  pms symptoms, the result of wishful thinking or my body's way of reacting to whatever bug is plaguing staff (also explaining the 24 hours of runny nose for no other apparent reason and rapid temperature changes.)  A quick Google search also turned up discussions about mild nausea resulting from hormone changes as early as conception.

And finally, in the last few days, I've been experiencing some breast tenderness (which is to say they feel like I've been hit with a football) which is yet another classic pms/early pregnancy symptom.

No comments:

Post a Comment