Wednesday 30 April 2014

Thoughts

It's so surreal.

We've been trying for a while to get pregnant and yet, it was still a complete surprise when the indicator flashed up 'Pregnant' - even after the previous positive (a picture of which is now the screensaver on my laptop)  After we got the results, we laughed, we hugged and then we didn't quite know what else to do.  We sat talking about mundane things: the shifts we were working, our dinner plans; all the while, we kept exchanging excited looks and glancing over at the test stick, where it sat on our side table among tea cups, newspapers and discarded keys like some bizarre ornament. And every time we looked, it still said 'Pregnant'

A and I both had to work today and whilst I can't speak for A, I certainly went about my day as if in a complete daze. How much I wanted to tell everybody I saw that I was pregnant; that A and I are having a baby.  But we decided a while back that we weren't going to tell anybody before we got to 10 weeks, and so any time somebody asked me today why I was so happy, I'd smile and reply that I'd had a good breakfast and all was right with the world.

next step is getting an appointment at the health centre on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment