Wednesday 7 August 2013

Chasing Rainbows

We didn't do the third insem as we'd planned this cycle, due to a number of logistical problems cropping up. R did make it for the Monday morning insem.

And no ttc blog would be complete without at least one symptom chasing post, so here's the highlights from this weeks game of:
Google-that-symptom!


  • Nausea (three days post insem 1, most of the day) This could have been environmental stress at work. It could be my mind playing tricks on me, knowing how much we want this. It could - according to the all-knowing internetz - be the result of hormone changes when conception occurs. Unless Felix implants however we have no way of knowing if this was it.
  • Back pain/cramping (three days post insem 1, most of the afternoon and evening) Typical PMS symptoms for me but I very rarely get them mid-cycle. Sounds like the least likely of my maybe-baby symptoms, but this is the one I'm choosing to hold onto (it's a rookie mistake btw, picking out symptoms this early. But it's our first time, so I'm going with it!)
  • Spotting (three days post insem 1, late evening) I only spotted this because I'm still checking my cm. There was very little of it (a small streak through the cm) but it was definitely there. I haven't had a cycle less than 20 days since I was a teenager.
We're wondering at this point if I'm experiencing ovulation symptoms that I've never had before. In this case, would that mean we insem'd to early? #2 would have only been two days early and fresh sperm can live that long...

*Fingers still crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment