Wednesday 14 August 2013

(insert witty one-liner here)


9 days down.

And I'm finding it difficult not to reach for a test stick.

I know that there is absolutely no point in testing at this stage in my cycle. That even if I am pregnant, there wouldn't be enough hormone in my system for the test to read.  I find myself calculating over and over when the earliest day I can test is (pretty difficult with unreliable cycles) and then looking at the result accuracy on the back of the box and trying to convince myself that, even if I could reliably predict CD 1, it makes more sense to wait.

The nausea I mentioned in my last post has eased off a little and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. I now find it only surfaces as a feeling of digestive unease if I contemplate eating something. We're not sure yet if it's the time of day (re: running on empty) or the food type that's causing this, though it doesn't affect me so much in the evenings (when I start feeling like I want inadvisable heavier meals of meat, particularly duck, and giant bowls of chorizo lentils)

And the backache is also still around, albeit at more manageable levels.

New 'symptoms' this week are a slight tenderness in my breasts, occasional light-headedness and some fatigue.  All could be signs of pmt, which it's not unknown for me to experience up to a week before CD 1. The fact that I haven't had a run of pmt symptoms this early since my teens and that I rarely get breast tenderness is what's making us suspect maybe-baby.

or it could just as easily be my body's reaction to the stress of TTC.

No comments:

Post a Comment