Sunday 16 February 2014

Begining the home stretch

A belated happy valentines to those who celebrate

A and I kept it low key this year in the interests of saving money for our various projects.  We still made it a pleasant day, proving that it really doesn't matter how much you spend as long as there's love at the heart of it.  On the day, I cooked us one of her favourite meals for lunch, made some cupcakes and cleaned the flat.  I had just enough time to call R for a quick chat (because Valentines is about love of all kinds - even friendship) before A came home from work.  Turns out, she'd saved some coupons and put aside a few pennies to take me out to dinner at a nice little restaurant down our street.  So we had a great time of it.

Yesterday, one of my cousins announced the birth of their new baby son.  It was a bit of a surprise, as we hadn't known she was pregnant but the pictures they posted on FB are gorgeous and we're looking forward to meeting the little lad.

In other news, both A and I have appointments for the next stage of our job applications, having received e-mails notifying us that we have been short-listed.  A already works in the NHS, which is how we heard of the vacancies, and she already performs many similar duties, so we feel confident about her chances.  One of A's supervisors heard of her application and seemed pretty supportive - if a little disappointed that A would no longer be working on her ward.  I'm glad that A has one less thing to worry about, should she get the position she has applied for.  I still haven't a clue how I would tell my line manager.  Have to cross that bridge when I get to it, I suppose.

This far into our tww and we're amazed at how long we've gone without obsessively plugging every twinge/craving/emotional moment into Google.  I've had some aches and tenderness but we're choosing not to ascribe it to anything at the moment.  We'll be testing on Thursday, which is coincidentally also interview day.


No comments:

Post a Comment