Sunday 9 February 2014

Quick update

So it's been relatively calm this go-round. We insem'd on Thursday and again on Friday, no schedule clashes but we did cut it pretty fine on Thursday, when we both had the evening shift.  I had spotting and cramps on Friday, which felt an awful lot like an early period (two week cycles are not unheard-of for me) and R started getting a little overprotective at work. He basically told the guys I was working with that I was still weak from a bad cold (only half an untruth, as I had had a cold and was feeling pretty crappy) and he indicated that I should spend the evening with my feet up whilst they took care of the physical stuff like bringing in the delivery.  Being good lads, they all put their shoulders to the grindstone and kept me away from the heavy lifting, watching me like hawks for anything that needed doing and even topping up the tea on my desk each time one of them passed by.  Whilst I guiltily stayed away from the heavy lifting, I was touched by how dedicated my boys were and I'm proud of all of them.  I left a box of choccy on the desk for them all and made sure everyone had some.  Thankfully, there's been no further bleeding and I suspect it may have been caused by the mechanics of the insem - something we'll have to look into should there be need for further tries.

In other news, we're still waiting to hear back from the jobs we've applied for.  The closing date for applications was Thursday just gone, with prospective employees being contacted this week for basic numeracy and literacy tests.  After that, should we be successful we will need to apply for up-to-date CRB checks and then paid training, hopefully starting work in June.  The fixed schedules would be very good for A especially, now that she has classes four days a week and it would allow me time to pursue my Spanish academically.  I think just applying for these jobs is doing wonders for reducing my stress levels at work - like I can relax a little now that I'm taking steps to get out of there.

And on the land front, we're still waiting to hear confirmation from A's father that new ownership has been registered with the municipality.  Apparently, this can take up to several weeks.  In the mean-time, a security fence has been constructed around the perimeter of our new property.  Things are beginning to happen and it's providing us with plenty to keep ourselves occupied during this cycle's long wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment