Thursday 20 February 2014

Over that hill is a brighter tomorrow - you just have to get there!

We had planned to begin testing on Thursday but with cramps setting in on Wednesday that felt like I'd been kicked in the kidneys and several interviews looming, we pushed it to the weekend (if my cycle lasts that long)

I've been a little up and down the last couple of days.  The good stuff is because my request for a four day weekend has been approved, so A and I can celebrate her birthday and our anniversary in style.
The not so great is that at random moments, I've been feeling the build up of my old friend anxiety.  I'm assuming that moments of distraction are allowing me to subconsciously dwell on the interviews because none of my other triggers have been hit.  I'll be counting stock in the warehouse when all of a sudden I'll find myself short of breath and tight chested.  I feel much weaker than I used to be; just a week ago, hefting sacks of potatoes onto a trolley, getting a milk cage up the ramp or moving a cage of delivery was no trouble now I have to call for one of the boys to help me.  And I'm suddenly more sensitive to the cold.  I've found myself putting on a sweater, curled under a fleecy blanket and still needing the heating turned on.  This despite the fact that A, who finds it hard to adapt to the cold, is still comfortable in casual clothes.  Hopefully it passes soon; I've even had moments where I've felt sick with it.

Tuesday's lit & numeracy testing went well; it was a very basic test designed to ascertain that all prospective employees met the minimum requirements.  A had her test early in the day and then returned later for her interview but because my test was later in the day, I was asked to return for my interview next week.

Today we have literacy and numeracy testing for the other position we have applied for, which requires higher standards.  A's just left me a message to say hers went well and I'll be leaving for mine shortly.  I think I'm ready.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment