Tuesday 30 October 2012

PC-Oh!

The flat is quiet today; I sit in the front room, checking my e-mails and A is studying in the office. It's been almost a week since I came home from the clinic with the test results and we still haven't spoken about it. I sometimes find myself wanting to say something about it to her and then stopping because I can't decide what it is I want to say. I know A doesn't like seeing me upset but I can't even get my head around the PCO and what it means for our ttc attempts, let alone verbalise how I'm feeling.

When I went for the test, I was kinda hoping that the ultrasound would show something - some reason to explain why I have such trouble with my cycles; something I can work with. I guess I mostly got what I wanted: an explanation, at least.  I know that PCO is a manageable condition, affecting an estimated* 5-10 women out of 100 in the UK and that it is possible for women with PCO to conceive. Still, I feel a little down when I think about how much harder this makes what we are trying to do.

We'll be setting up another appointment with Dr. D soon to figure out where we go from here. In the mean time, I've been spending a lot of time going through websites looking for information about PCO and reading other couple's stories about ttc with PCO. It's good for me to see that we are not alone in this. I'm still new to blogger but eventually, I'll figure out how to put up links for the sites I've been visiting, should anyone have an interest in finding more information/support for this condition.

*Estimated by Bupa, a private British healthcare organisation

No comments:

Post a Comment